BTS (Bucket Truck Sales) Equipment is owned by parent company Branch Tree Service, Inc. Yes, we have a background in tree care!
Some years ago, Branch Tree Service, Inc. had made some equipment purchases that turned out to be very disappointing. The equipment was mis-represented to us, the support was nonexistent and the folks who sold us the equipment never returned phone calls or reached out us in any way. We were buying used equipment at the time as this was a better solution for our equipment needs. Then we tried buying new equipment and found that although under warranty our trucks spent more time in the dealership then on the road working.
In 2004, after discussing our frustration regarding trucks for our company, we decided it was best if we took our years of skills and experience and start buying, building and restoring trucks we had bought on the used market. By 2007 I decided to start a company that focused on providing used but valued trucks and equipment to others in the tree care industry. I am not a top mechanic, wielder, fabricator, etc. I was and still am an arborist who has a passion to serve our industry.
It was as though God Himself was helping me start this new adventure. He brought all the people with the right skills to come and run BTS Equipment. I'm a hands-off owner allowing those more skilled to provide services and equipment for others.
There's no secret to who we are. We buy trucks and equipment from across the country and from various sources. We service, fix, sometimes paint, test and then run performance tests with the goal of providing our customers with valued purchases. Sometimes there are hidden items we don't know about or catch that came with the truck before we purchased it. Other times things just happen no matter how many checks and balances we do. We've sent parts to customers after they've trusted us with their purchase. We've paid for delayed time to buyers, bought a few engines and a couple transmissions over the years. However, I'm proud to say our team supports our customers in every way possible even when it hits our checkbook.
Now, we've learned along the way that some buyers aren't as honest as we'd like for them to be and sometimes they try to get something for nothing. We also know that whether it’s a brand new truck or a used one, equipment can fail without any prior notice and at that point you simply have to deal with it.
I have the highest standards for each item we sell. I tell the staff all the time, "Do you know how many trees I have to trim to pay for that truck"? I want every experience for our customers to be a good one.
Our story ends like this:
- These are used trucks. We work hard to make them as reliable as possible for the long haul. We don't hide anything so ask us everything. We don't know the history of every truck we buy as they come to us from all over the country.
- We do what we say.
- I am a no-nonsense owner. You can call me for help but as I said earlier, I do not run the daily operations as I trust my team.
- I still think rear mount bucket trucks are the best.
- All engines are not equal so do your homework.
- Our custom built chipper bodies are as good as any.
- We don't sell paint jobs but rather strive to give our clients long lasting reliable equipment.
- And, yes we want your business so call us and let us earn your trust.
God Bless each of you hard working arborists this day!